Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Early season joys
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Default Early season joys

So, today was opening day for me. Not a ton of snow yet, actually more then usual this time of year, but of course the first thing I did was disregard the signs that said. "LOW COVERAGE. Stick to groomed runs only" and started shredding some powder.

Things I encountered today:
-Rocks: lots of rocks, mostly hidden ones that make you cringe as you ruin your board unknowingly riding over them

-Bushes: I did lots of bush riding today. Small bushes are fine to ride over, big ones grab your board and flip you

- Magic Hidden Trees/Roots: These you cannot see whatsoever and are actually hidden about 1 foot under the top of the powder. You will be shredding along, kickin through some deep powder and then all the sudden you feel these arms grabbing your legs and the next thing you know your doing a somersault.

- Borderline rain/snow: This was the best part, there was so much godamn moisture in the air your goggles would freeze over every minute, causing you to stop and vigorously scrape them. Having your goggles frozen over makes all of the above features that much easier to catch.

-Poorly groomed runs: Normally they do a phenomenal job of grooming, but maybe because of the lack of snow everything turned into a fucking mini mogul, making you fly off them while you can't see shit because your goggles are frozen and hit trees.

So, anyone else have an epic opening day?