Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #70 (permalink)
clubmyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
I can't answer 1, but as for 2 I can say yes.

To me, believing that the universe is anything but a series of random events working their way to complete and utter chaos is to deny the intellectual pursuits. Where you look at man and see a perfect design, I see a clutter of chaotic events resulting in an imperfect creature.

You're too involved in mankind as a whole and not as individual pieces. We're just assembled from the same stardust as the rest of the universe. We can be broken down into the basic elements, just as we are when we die and decay. There is nothing special about mankind.

Now, I would like you to explain why you think the universe could not POSSIBLY be random and chaotic? Where is all this grand design?
I think man is just a little bit different just a smart animal(beside having a opposing thumb) and every single creature on the face of the earth fears the intelligence of man ( we a quite a anomaly compared to the rest of nature).

The delicate balance of nature and the absolute precision of the universe simply begs that it was intentional. To explain otherwise requires a gigantic leap of faith that overrides common sense.
Van's Cirro 09 Liquid Force Watson