Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #1247 (permalink)
Jacko_390srock

Default Hello

Hi everyone. My names Devin. Im 20 years old. Ive been reading these forums for around a year or so now, but I never really got around to introductions. I live in eastern Iowa, have been since I was 14. Ive been riding since I was 16 and pretty much realized its what I want to do with my life. I basically love it more than anything else I can think of. I ride SkiSnowstar in Andelusia, Illinois; its a little country resort with a verticle probably no higher than 450 feet, but its home. Since I started riding Ive been buying every compilation I can find, whether its Mack Dawg, Abscinth, Thats It Thats All, More, or what have you, if its good snowboarding, I'll watch it. Especially Jeremy Jones, the All Mountain rider. He is seriously a badass, really look up to him; hes done so much for the sport its unbelievable. Currently I ride a 156 Rome Slash with 09' 390 bindings. Im attending Muscatine Community College currently, im majoring in Business, and plan to move out to Colorado or Utah and start my own Snowboard/Ski shop when I finish my Bachelors. I love 686 so if you notice any bias from me towards it thats why. I'll recommend 686 outerwear before basically any other brand. Also, I love Rome and have since I can remember first buying my board/bindings. They also make great boots too. But yeah, I also play table tennis, actually considering going Amateur in it. And I love writing reviews for gear and outerwear when I find the time. I plan on starting a Youtube Channel soon describing the basic essential purposes of specific types of jackets, pants, boots, boards, goggles, base layers, whatever it may be. I'll also go into detail about the differences and pros cons of specific types and differences between brands and their product quality. It will be up soon, after I finish a few videos I'll let you know the channel name. I like boardhouse, dogfunk, absolutesnow, and a few other channels, but for some reason it seems like its always really hard to find the shit I need, so Im creating my own. Anyways, thats the game.
Jacko_390srock is offline   Reply With Quote