Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Dark Series C2 & Never Summer Heritage Redux
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
vrecksler

Billy,

Do you mind posting an update on what you selected and how it turned out?

I went with the Lib Tech Dark Series C2BTX last year, and am now strongly considering switching to the Never Summer Heritage.

Things I liked about the Lib:
- Stiff and rigid enough to plow through crud at mach speeds
- Reverse camber was great in powder

Things I didn't like about it:
- Heavy
- Magne traction is too invasive, especially when riding/landing switch
- Reverse camber doesn't let me 'carve' hardpack or corduroy

Overall, I found the board to be very confidence inspiring in conditions that I traditionally don't ride well; a few days after a snowfall when the mountain is shredded up and no longer soft, I could charge down as if it was powder. While other boards would deflect each time it hits a big death cookie, the Dark Series held the line and just motored on through. But I do a lot of small hill riding on runs and enjoy holding an edge and actually carving, and the Lib just doesn't do it.

From what I have read, the NS Heritage's edges are much more subtle than Magne, and the R&C is also a milder version of the C2BTX. Since I bought my board at Backcountry.com, and they have a lifetime return policy, I can exchange it without any hassles.

So I'm really interested to hear your experiences since it sounds like we were looking for the same kind of board.
vrecksler is offline   Reply With Quote