Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #86 (permalink)
J.Schaef

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjeeper View Post
no, but belief has a whole lot to do with intelligence lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
The thing is, J, everyone who is posting or reading this forum is doing so voluntarily. We're not showing up at your door or phoning you during dinner. All you have to do, all anyone has to do, is not read the thread. For those that do want to discuss (or argue, or have screaming fits, or whatever), it's here.

You've got a complete right to your belief system, and as long as you don't try to shove it down my throat, I won't try to shove it down yours. See here http://www.snowboardingforum.com/pol...tml#post307067 For a longer commentary on that.

But if you open a thread on this forum (or anywhere, really) on the subject, expect debate.
I agree, debating in a public forum is completely acceptable. I don't mind at all when people debate facts. Debate over opinion is about as useless as an asshole on your elbow. It begins with the OP (who clearly has no understanding of "atheism").

The problem that I have isn't in the debate. It lies in the overwhelming attitude that those who believe in a "diety" are unable to think rationally, unable to reason. I see no correlation.

I am not going to join this "debate". It is fruitless, and lacking in substance.

Last edited by J.Schaef; 11-28-2010 at 05:07 PM.