Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Dark Series C2 & Never Summer Heritage Redux
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
billygold18

I love the DS C2 2010. I don't think it is heavy at all, and it has insane pop. I consider it a freestyle, freeride board. Free style for it's twin directional body, and free ride for it's stiff build. I live in PA (= all ice) and I felt it carved very well. As you said, it is "confidence inspiring" and can hard-charge anything.

However, my one regret is not having a chance to try it in a 158. I am 5'11" 180 and bought a 161. I ride it very well, and I am sure the added length adds to my freeride ability. I am able to play with it, but not as well as I could if it were a bit shorter. I can butter it slightly, but not as well as I could if it were a bit shorter. However, it is very stiff, so not really meant for that.

All-in-all I am freerider, who has lately dabbled in freestyle, and this board fits me well. I had been riding for years on the same basic Burton board, and wanted to take it to the next level. I would have liked to have tried a shorter board, but I have only ridden the 161 five times and have a season to get a better feel for it. Worst comes to worst, I can sell it at the end of the season and go for the 158.

However, I am sure you are not interested in the details of size. In terms of the board overall, I highly suggest it. It truly is amazing.
billygold18 is offline   Reply With Quote