Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #93 (permalink)
PaoloSmythe
Samyaksambuddhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Schaef View Post
Non-theists typically want all theists to hear their logical, and rational breakdown of why a God can't/doesn't exist..... What is the point of "debate" when neither side is open to what the other has to say.... This is where the problem lies, nobody is willing to hear the other out. Both sides are incredibly closed minded. I think this is where the true ignorance lies.
I do not agree with this at all and this conclusion runs contrary to the reasons for why i participate in threads such as this in the first place.

I guess when all is said and done, i am certainly on the scientific side of the arguement but that is not to say i reject any claim of a god existing. I do not feel that religion and science are completely exclusive of each other, but i do feel that one gains credability from analysis.

Does god exist? of course! it is central to this discussion. does the easter bunny exist? well if you have heard of this term before, then yes it does. did either create the universe? well probably not.

is there an immortal element that is the creator of all things? well we humanoids have discovered a self-replicating cell called DNA. it lies in the heart of all living things and through its replication into new generations, it could be said to be ever-lasting.......

did some dude christ die for our sins? or is there a heaven or a hell? are any holy wars or lofty sacrifice actually for a sound cause? does organsied religion persist as one of (if not) the most lucrative bidnises the world over?