Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Buying Wax, or trying to
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
leif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy View Post
Hey forum!
Anyways I'm on daddies board shop trying to buy 750g of OneBallJay Wax for like 40.00$ but the shipping to Canada is like 25$ do you guys think at that point in time it's worth buying or should I try to just buy smaller sticks in town? So the question I guess is it still a good deal? I'm also buying my metal scraper too... and how long do you guys think 750g of all temp wax will last (ie, number of waxes)
Thanks a lot guys!
Just go to your local ski shop, you should be able to get that much wax for 25 bucks in the first place. That's the best deal. Also, metal scrapers are not necessary, a sharp, right-angled plastic one should do the trick just fine. Also, when it gets dull you can just take a file to the side and re-establish the edge. Buy the smaller scraper, the big ones meant for snowboards are too big and not very maneuverable. And lastly, that much wax should last probably all season, at least 10 waxes, depending on how much you're going to apply, which shouldn't be that much (and therefore make the wax last longer).