Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Interesting conversation over the weekend
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Interesting conversation over the weekend

I may have a rare opportunity this winter. My brother Jimmy is a park ranger at a large park here in Ne. Over the weekend he was talking about some of the stuff he has to do in the winter. Since he works second shift, part of his job is to make snow for the sled/toboggan runs they have there I can't name the park since snowboarding and skiing are forbidden. However since my brother is pretty much in charge of the place at night....well you get the idea. This may very well become my personal playground this winter lol. 150ft of drop on kinda long runs, not very steep, but only 20 minuets from my house. I may have to come up with some kind of portable rails that can be easily set up and moved around. He also has to groom the runs, so I'll probably get to play around in the snow cat too. He was saying he makes about 1 1/2 to 2 feet then packs it. Anyone ever rode man made snow before it's packed down? Anyway, he said I was more then welcome to come out any day after 6pm and play around.