Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Surf stick
Thread: Surf stick
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
SmashPig

Default Surf stick

So lets say hypothetically speaking I could get pretty much any board at near wholesale cost. So cost isn't to big of a deal for me ( pretty much any 2011 board in the $500 range).

I'm 6,2 185 lbs with a size 12 boot. I live in CO and got the 5 mountain pass. Most/ all of my riding is powder/ backcountry/ minor drops/ trees/ etc. I'm never in the park and hittin no jibs. I like carving and big sprays. Been riding for about 8 years. I've allways had a regular camber board (right now I'm on a 162W Burton Deuce) I never rode any of this new technology shit until a couple weeks ago. DAMN!!! I've been missing out. I demo'd the K2 Fastplant and the GNU Riders choice. Both great. The GNU was great because I felt like I could bomb super fast and felt super stable. The magnatraction works great on ice ( there is ice here what like 8% of my riding) . But I dont think I'm that into it. Just a little to catchy for me. I liked the K2 Fastplant but thats pretty much a full blown park board. The K2 felt nice and surfy and was super fun to turn.

What do you guys think? Any input here. Oh yea and I'm new here so... what up
SmashPig is offline   Reply With Quote