Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #107 (permalink)
Perpetual3am
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAZ View Post
What I cannot understand is why these people don't want to listen to/understand/accept anything reasonable. People should be open minded, and if these people also see that this is what has made the quality of human life better for the most part we can move forward.
I guess the problem is that people like myself don't see the fundamentals behind most religions as being 'reasonable' and exactly the opposite. While I do agree to an extent that churchs have helped in the community (food banks, shelters, soup kitchens) I could argue that religion has caused more harm than good regarding the quality of human life when you look at how it's tried to ham-string science, sheltered pedofiles, marginalized the gay community and is a huge money making scam. While I think of myself as very open-minded, I can be no more convinced of the validity of religion than I can of Santa or the Easter bunny. Common sense just tells me otherwise.