Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

feet going numb (Burton Tribute boots)

14K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Board2Breathe 
#1 ·
Alright, well, I'm pretty sure my boots (Burton Tributes) fit correctly. They are size 11, and my toe grazes the end of the boot when I'm standing upright, and it recedes when I bend my knees... which I believe is right. The problem I'm having though, is when I lace them up, even relatively loosely, my feet go numb within a few minutes. I went boarding the other day and I was only able to go down the hill once (waste of $56!) because the pain in my feet/legs was unbearable. I guess I could try going down the mountain with them unlaced, but that's probably not a smart idea. Is it time I ditch these crappy boots and go back to the boot fitting shop? Any suggestions on boots? I hear the Burton Ions are pretty nice.

:confused:

EDIT: Oh, and I've had these boots for 2 years, but they've only seen one season of moderate use, so I THINK they are already fully broken in.

#3 ·
My Driver X fit like a dream...either a bad fit for your feet or you're still growing (?) try to change the footbed? Use thinner socks? Cut those huge toenails? Chenge riding angles? DO you use highback? :)

#4 ·
heh thanks for the tips

I'll be 23 in a few weeks, so I hope my feet are done growing by now :p

Socks are thin, toenails are trimmed... I think I just need a better fitting boot. These were the only pair I tried on when I bought them, and they were my first pair of boots I got. I'm gonna go get professionally fitted somewhere and spend a little more than $90 I think. IDK, there's got to be something wrong if my foot goes numb from just tightening the laces :(

#6 ·
Heh sorry. My feet go numb, but my legs are what feel the most pain. Maybe it's from poor form or something, but it's pretty damn hard to keep a good form and link up carves when my I can't feel my feet. It's possible the boots might have something to do with my calves feeling like ass, too. IDK, these Burton Tributes can be bought brand new right now for $75, and I'm thinking of upgrading to a $250+ boot soon and hopefully that will change things a little bit. I might need a wide-sized boot also, because maybe what I think of "snug" is really too tight. :eek:

#8 ·
I sir am on my fifth pair of ions and they are my boot of choice. I do not have them heat molded when new, I simply break them in by wearing them a few hours a day around the house, for about a week, and let the foots natural heat perfectly mold them to my foot. It is damn tight for the first few days, but the end results are dare I say perfection. The boot and I are one. find a pair of last years cheap and never look back.

#11 ·
My first boots were Burtons and I had the same problem. For me, the part of the boot around the instep of my foot was too tight - it didn't feel all that tight, but it was enough to cut off circulation and it isn't a part of the boot that's adjustable. So yeah, get some new boots.

#14 ·
I would definitely try other brands. I tried on several pairs of Burton boots last year and none of them fit my feet right. Neither did the couple pairs of DC I tried. I went with Vans, even though they are a bulky boot they fit me perfect. Everyone has different feet, so what works for one might not work for you.

#16 ·
Hmm not a bad idea, but will this make snowboarding and life in general harder or easier?

Thanks for the tips guys, you guys (and girls?) are very helpful. Once I sober up, I'm gonna take a ride to the nearest board shop and get me some better fitting boots for sure. I'll make sure to drench my feet in fresh smelling odors so that I can go in and out of as many boots as possible without giving the boot salesman a comma. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.