Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Womens Burton Jacket
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderHunter View Post
No, actually I didn't know buttons and zippers were outsourced. The SNAP that broke on my jacket has the Burton logo stamped all over it and in my opinion it is a reflection of Burton's quality because I feel like they should examine the quality of any material with their name on it even if it is outsourced but I guess that is something to keep in mind.
Buttons and zippers can be replaced easily - are snaps as easy to replace?

I like the Joplin jacket that you suggested Leo, it very similar to the one that I bought and there are some cool features to it.
Even when they have logos, they are usually outsourced. I understand where you are coming from though, but you have to realize that Burton is the market leader. They churn out millions of more products than their competition. What seems like a lot of defects is actually a small ratio when compared to other brands.

Things like buttons and zippers are definitely covered under warranty unless it was a part of a tear damage (which shows rider's fault, not defect).