Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - $hredding blue$...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brentslide

Default $hredding blue$...

The industry is spiralling outta control and we the consumers are to blame!
Snowboarding is my passion and no words can define how it holds me; it is my drug of choice but now I'm no longer a single dude bartending the nights away so I can get my fix! Now I have the responsibilities of keeping wifey, the two chitlins and dog happy. This means less shred time. I have no problem with this change from my hedonistic past but now... Now I see an industry mass-producing over priced, sweatshop induced garbage, marked up 500% above cost. This needs to stop because snowboarding should be accessible to everyone! I would like to outfit my kids with good gear that will last and be priced reasonably. The so called soul companies are gone or have sold out to big Corp. and the marketing sheisters..
We as consumers must take a stand and stop buying the overpriced hype! For example Burton's Method snowboard retails for $1800.00. It's just a snowboard people! As long as the moronic "it's gotta be the best if it's ridiculously expensive" mentality continue, so will the gouging from the snowboarding business.
Is there a solution to this conundrum? I know there has to be. Give me your thoughts and ideas so we can continue the shred an make it more affordable for the future generations!
Brentslide is offline   Reply With Quote