Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarder vs Tree
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
visibleinks

Thanks for sharing your story and keeping a blog. This is a great source of inspiration for anyone that deals with any serious sports injury. Keep your chin up and just keep doing your PT - you'll be strapped back on a board - it's just a matter of when you are 100% ready. Obviously it's better to wait until you are fully healed to risk any futher damage but I bet it's maddening to be so patient.

And a big thumbs down to posters saying stuff like "just stay in control" or "let the board take the impact". Snowboarding is about pushing yourself and your ability and wouldn't be fun without that. I know personally I love glades and have had a few run ins with trees but luckily no injuries.

I worked at a mountain last year and saw many injuries - some serious. People do die skiiing and snowboarding - more often that you'd think. Sometimes it's a tree, another person, snowmobile etc. I've seen blood splattered all over the snow. I've seen a helmet cracked in two pieces by a kid landing on his head. I've seen a guy vomitting all over himself due to a concussion/head injury. More often than not these are experienced skiiers and riders just like everyone else - but again - sometimes shit just happens.
visibleinks is offline   Reply With Quote