places i've hit in europe and the states..
i've had a chance to ride a lot of colorado including abasin being my favorite as it is a lot like austria at the top!
in europe i have been to:
1. jelenia gora - poland in silesia which is a lot like new england
2.the high tatras in slovakia (like a mini alps)- back in the day in 1995!
3. sudelfeld in bavaria/germany which is a nice little place and very cheap but like all of the northern german speaking alps subject to whiteouts!!
4.Garmish on the glacier which is not cheap and crowded but has sick views of the tyrolian/bavarian alps
5. kaurnertal-glacier in tirol for the opening party with anthrax!! (oeztal too which was flat and boring glacier...)
6. zell am see- in salzburg province with a glacier which is the best and longest i've been on...
7. St. anton and Lech which are insane for above the tree line and trees with 82 lifts the alberg is the bomb. i lived an hour away in feldkirch on the swiss/liechtenstein border and it was 2 of the best years of my life. innsbruck is 2 hrs to the west..
i would by far recomend the alberg- a place i always wanted to hit and biked through in the summer is oberstdorf in bavaria which seems like the best place for big mountain riding in germany not far from ulm. i guess chamonix has the best off-piste in europe outside the alberg and seem joint in the french part of switzy-land with their nice swiss misses.
man i miss that stuff.