Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Went Snowboarding, but wound up sledding
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
tripper

Default Went Snowboarding, but wound up sledding

So, I went to loon for the day. I was doing probably my last run, when my back binding completely snapped off my board. I mean like it just completely disconnected from the board, but was still attached to my foot. Luckily, I wasn't going that fast when I fell, cause it was icy as fuck. I inspected, the damage and realized that there was no way to fix this without tools. This happened near the beginning of the run, so I knew that the hike down would take a while. Fuck it, I thought; I'll just ride my snowboard like toboggan.

And that is precisely what I did, all the way down the mountain. Everyone on the mountain was staring at me, thinking what on earth is this retard doing. The "toboggan ride" was actually pretty fun and I made it down rather quickly, using my feet to steer. The only downside was that I was COVERED in snow when I got to my car.

In case your wondering, my bindings were Burton Custom's and I plan on replacing them with Rome 390's
tripper is offline   Reply With Quote