Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Went Snowboarding, but wound up sledding
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
rainboarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripper View Post
So, I went to loon for the day. I was doing probably my last run, when my back binding completely snapped off my board. I mean like it just completely disconnected from the board, but was still attached to my foot. Luckily, I wasn't going that fast when I fell, cause it was icy as fuck. I inspected, the damage and realized that there was no way to fix this without tools. This happened near the beginning of the run, so I knew that the hike down would take a while. Fuck it, I thought; I'll just ride my snowboard like toboggan.

And that is precisely what I did, all the way down the mountain. Everyone on the mountain was staring at me, thinking what on earth is this retard doing. The "toboggan ride" was actually pretty fun and I made it down rather quickly, using my feet to steer. The only downside was that I was COVERED in snow when I got to my car.

In case your wondering, my bindings were Burton Custom's and I plan on replacing them with Rome 390's
uhhh like out of the inserts? Wouldn't that have damaged the board also? In any case that sounds gnarly...sucks man
rainboarding is offline   Reply With Quote