Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 09/10 season video
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
l burke l

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellufs View Post
Man I'm really digging this video. Do you mind sharing what editing software you used? Mac or PC? I've got iMovie on my Macbook but I haven't tried to learn it yet. Do you have a lot of editing experience? I'm wondering if I even have a chance of making something like this as my first edit.

I'm getting married in Whistler (yes, my fiance rocks) in February and we're staying for 2 weeks. I want to make a video very similar to this with a good mix of snowboarding, village life, snowmobiling, etc. Your video is what it's all about...it's well balanced.

Is ALL of your footage shot w/ a GoPro? I just got my Contour HD in the mail and I'm wondering if I should get a "real" camcorder as well.

Thanks for feedback.
Thanks for the kind words. Yes every single shot in this was done with a gopro. I use a i7 imac running final cut studio 3. My advice would be to get final cut express and play around with it and see if your truly into editing. If you are you can then move onto the bigger stuff. This entire video could have been done in final cut express except for the color balancing and grading which i did in apple's "color". Good luck and have fun.
l burke l is offline   Reply With Quote