Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Busted, help me pick out a new one
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
PCHusker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLN View Post
hey men! its 260 lbs. I don't understand, why lots of people here on forum ride so short boards. with such a weight, better choose from 166+. better get 170+ stiff boards.
I consider something like
Ride Yukon 172 would be the best choice for you. (you mentioned couple of ride boards, i suggest you leaning to Ride)

PS. Juct checked that you're looking into freeride... Don't ever get a board that is not wide, and that is shorter then 165cm.
Thanks. My intentions were to get a smaller board, currently in the process of losing weight (63lbs in 4 months) so wanted to get something that i could keep for a few years.. i'll definitely get a bit longer board..

again. thanks, for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelorz View Post
I'm a huge fan of the slayblade, stiff as all fuck but alot of fun and amazing at high speeds. I hear the highlife is very similar but I've never tried it. The turbo dreams also a pretty decent all mountain board. It's a little less stiff and can somewhat hit park, but not terribly well. My vote is for the slayblade though.

I somewhat agree. If you aren't hitting the park at all I'd try and maximize your effective edge a bit more. I'd give the 166w slayblade a try.
Thanks for the reply.. I'm starting to lean toward the slayblade myself, i haven't really found many reviews on the highlife out there...
PCHusker is offline   Reply With Quote