Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Busted, help me pick out a new one
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
TLN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCHusker View Post
Thanks. My intentions were to get a smaller board, currently in the process of losing weight (63lbs in 4 months) so wanted to get something that i could keep for a few years.. i'll definitely get a bit longer board..
63 lbs in 4 months? That's great. I'm very interested in what program you're using. PM any info on this, if you can.

Well, if you are not going to park, but all mountain, powder days, and some jumps in a powder the longer board would be better anyway.
I just can say about me, I'm 100 kilos(220 lbs), and a bit less then 2 meters high(dunno how much in ft). I got NS Legacy-R 174. I can say that it on a longer end for me, but it's so fun to ride. It's not superstiff, but i can ride very fast without a scary. I can do a 360(i even did 540 two times a life =) and ride it in a deep powder with a centered stance.

I mean, if you lose weight till 200lbs, 166-170 cm board, is still ok, once you won't hit the park. And you can keep that longer board(as i mentioned) for a some years.

BTW, the bigger question for me is, what do you(not PCHusker but all ppl here) call "all mountain". Because it differs alot in US and Kazachstan i believe =)
TLN is offline   Reply With Quote