Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tune shop questions
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks a bunch for all the tips guys. I've ordered some all temp wax, and an edge tuner so I can do my own board. Kind of hate to use my own (only) deck as a guinea pig but what choice do I have if I want a fresh tune and wax.

As far as scrappers go can I use a metal one? I have plenty of drywall taping knives around, sizes ranging from 4" to 10".

I've got a household iron that I used maybe 2 times since I bought it 10 years ago. Is there really that much of a difference between a "real" wax iron and a household one?

What kind of prices do your local shops charge for a tune and wax? I think I paid around 30 to have mine done by the hippie dude in Downtown Breck last year, but wasn't scrapped (spring storage wax). Is there a difference in price if you want it done right away vs. drop off and pick up next day?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.