Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Machete or Travis Rice or Nothing
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chriskot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Machete and T.Rice are two very different boards. The Machete is a much better freestyle board while the T.Rice is a much better all-mountain board. Both are geared towards all-mountain freestyle with the Machete being more freestyle and T.Rice being more all-mountain.

The T.Rice is considerably stiffer than the Machete and is stiffer than your TRS. The Machete is a bit softer than the TRS.

153 in T.Rice or 155 in Machete for you.

Oh, both boards are good in powder. I personally think the T.Rice is better suited to your style. If you plan on getting heavy with the freestyle, then Machete.
Thanks a ton for all the replies. You all have been really helpful and I'm starting to get a good sense of what I should get.

I am thinking now maybe I should go with the machete which would make the boards I have more versatile. I'd have the trs for all mountain days but if I wanted to work on ground tricks and stuff the machete would be good while still giving me the decent all mountain ride I like. I've also heard that regular camber boards are better at high speeds which would mean the trs would still be good for cruising

Would you say this is a good choice?
Chriskot is offline   Reply With Quote