Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What Ya Got???
Thread: What Ya Got???
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stratula

Default What Ya Got???

Hey everybody!

I just thought that I'd open a thread to see who wanted to post info/pics or whatever about what kind of gear or setup that's they've got and maybe even what may have lead to the current set up, as well as list the goods.

To start this off, here's what I've got:

Oxygen HE (Heavy Equipment) 169 board
Ride Fleetwood 161 board
Vans Contra boots
Crazy Banana Breakout (legacy board, with no holes!)
Flow Pro-C bindings

I bought the Breakout because I wanted to get into this back in 1989, but never really did any boarding until either '91 or '92 (hence not ever drilling any holes in her).

I bought the HE 169 just...well, out of stupidity! It's a VERY stiff, as in Kevlar impregnated board that is WAY to big for me. On the mountain, it's pretty much a runaway, cause it doesn't flex and is capable (under the right ownership, I'm sure) of hitting a sonic boom! Crazy heavy, crazy stiff, and DEFINITELY everything that the Snowboarder's bible tells you to avoid, when you're a novice, 'cause if you have to ask... then it's already WAY over your head! LOL!!! Oh, and to add insult to injury, I matched it up with a set of Flow Pro-C bindings. Hey, I have aspirations of greatness...right before I wake up in a cold sweat! LOL!!!

I also used to have a K2 El Dorado, but kept lending to a friend of mine, who eventually just bought the board and the bindings, after I made him SWEEET deal! Hey, he's a good friend! ;o)

Jumped into a leftover Ride Fleetwood (for my big dawgs) and picked up the Contras from the b-store in Mannheim (also leftovers from previous season) for cheap. Everything's still virginal, since I started going to school full-time in 2006 (a month after my son was born), which means that with 2 little kids (now), a wife, a full time job, an hours commute one way... well, you get the picture. Time is one of those things that other people have! LOL!!! Even though the board's still in plastic, I'm happy to have her and my other gear on standby for whenever the chance arises to hit some pow!
Stratula is offline   Reply With Quote