Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Do boots really matter?

11K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  anti-bling 
#1 ·
Whats the difference from riding some $70 dollar airwalks compared to $300 burtons

#3 ·
More expensive boots are typically made out of better materials and have newer tech. This also ussually means they will last longer, but not always. To be honest, I think your best off getting mid-range boots, since boots wear out anyways.

#5 ·
I saw a kid riding in Timberland boots one time. It hurt my feet just looking at him.

#9 ·
You don't need top-of the line stuff, but good boots may be the most important part of your set-up.

You can still rock out on a crap board, and half-ass franken-binders(as long as they don't break), but riding in crap boots suck.

If a boot doesn't keep you warm, or keep your foot secure, then your day is going to be half as fun as you stop to keep warming up your toes, or wear yourself out looking like a gaper when your heels lift up every turn.

I know instructors that rock entry-level Burtons and whatnot, so its not really a question of high/low quality as it is of functional boots.

get ones that fit your feet well, where you can wiggle your toes but can't move your heel when you walk.

#13 ·
Um... all the older boots were really soft like that. Which was fine, you can still ride. If you like the workboots, and your feet don't hurt (or get too cold), then go for it. You'll definately get strong ankles.

Stiffer boots offer more support for more aggressive riding and carving, and are made to specifically fit bindings. But roll with what works for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.