Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - need help and advice on 3 boards
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tell your friend to go demo a Turbo Dream before he makes false claims. You shouldn't believe what people say unless they have given the board a good demo.

I'm in Michigan, USA which is full ice. I demoed the 2011 TD and ended up buying it. I get very little powder here (if you want to call it that) so that gives you an idea of the type of riding I was doing on this thing.

It handled great and you're on the right track for being interested in Harshmellow. I love this tech and it makes perfect sense to put it on a rockered board. Well, technically speaking, it isn't a true rockered board. 70% of the board is flat starting from the middle and 30% mellow rocker through tip and tail. It really should be considered a hybrid, but they don't state that because "hybrid" suggests that there is a positive camber zone.

This board killed icey groomers here and I hear from many people that this board also owns the powder. My style is all-mountain freestyle and this board suits me well. It is about a mid-stiff flex. It lacks a little pop, but is nowhere dull in that department.

So really, I'll be surprised if you don't like this board. In fact, you should get it, shred the hell out of it, and rub it in your friend's face.