Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

NS Heritage vs. Lib Tech TRS vs. Bataleon Goliath

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Triple8Sol 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm an intermediate rider looking to advance with a new board. This will be my 3rd year snowboarding, up until now I've been riding a Sims Protocol board I bought 3 years ago before I knew anything about boards. I'm looking for an all mountain board. Mostly freeride hitting natural jumps and park once in a while. I've narrowed it down to these 3 boards, NS Heritage, Lib Tech TRS, Bataleon Goliath. I'm 6'0" 175". I'd like to hear the pros and cons of these boards. I live in the Midwest but usually make 3 trips per season out west. Let me know what you guys think. Also which bindings do you think match up best with these boards? Thanks.

#3 ·
Thanks triple8sol. So do you think the Lib Tech T. Rice is a better comparison to the Heritage and the Jam? Also how do you like the Bataleon's TBT as opposed to the other 2 companies rocker/camber hybrid technology? Is one more forgiving, one more stable, etc? Thanks a lot.

#5 ·
I ahve the current 10-11 NSHeritage and an 08-09 Jam I'd say the Jam is more like the NS SL. I too would recomend the Jam over the Goliath beacause I personaly biased to the faster sintered base if you want to take things up a notch in your riding also the extra stablity for a tad more stifness. If you are looking at an all round all mountain board I would look at the Never Summer SL over the Heritage if you ar going with one board unless you are after more freeride board and doing Big mountain riding all the time. I got the hreritage over the SL because I already had a softer(slighlty) freestyle deck to cover the freestyle end of the all mountain freestyle rding otherewise the SL would have been more versatile FWIW.

#6 ·
cubes...

why owuld you say the bataleon jam is more similar to a ns SL than a heritage?

my impression is the heritage is more freeride oriented than the SL. also with the Jam's longer lengths and 7 stiffness i also see it as a more freeride oriented board, whereas the SL is def. more freestyle oriented. am i wrong on this? id like to hear why you think the jam is more comparable to the SL.

similarly to the OP, im actually trying to decide between the NS heritage, bataleon jam, and lib tech t.rice for a all mountain freeride type of board. i currently have an SL, but i really like the response of camber better than the RC/C2 tech. this sways me to the bataleon, but im also curious to see how C2 differs from RC, and how the extra stiffness of the T.Rice, combod with MTX and C2 will feel, vs my SL with RC tech.

any insight appreciated!

also for the OP.... since these are stiffer, more freeride oriented boards, i would likewise match my boards up with stiffer more freeride oriented bindings. my first choice was the new rome targas. i also love union forces. i dont think u can go wrong with either for this seleciton of boards.

#8 · (Edited)
cubes...

why owuld you say the bataleon jam is more similar to a ns SL than a heritage?
This is based on that the Heritage to me felt stiffer and way more damp than the Jam (NS 158 and Jam 157) and that Bataleon markets the jam as having a FREESTYLE.TBT and the way they both market in the same usage bracket(with the Sl). They may have changed things with the 2010 Jam but the on paper the specs(measurement wise)look almost identical to the 2009. I am probably way off but I would put the Enemy as the Bataleon answer to the Heritage but then agin not all board manufacturers mirror their product lines with others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.