Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 K2 Anagram or 2011 Ride Kink
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lupin

First off I want to start by saying that I have not ridden either snowboard so I do not know how they will feel on snow.

However I can tell you that the Kink is a directional twin shape which may make riding switch a little less easy than with the Anagram which is a true twin. The kink is also softer, which will make landing bigger jumps a little squirrely. The kink is really intended to be a jib board.

The Anagram is a beginner board and it does not have the best speed. You won't be able to floor it and so if you like to race down the hill it is not the right board. Other than that I personally do not think the fact that it is a beginner board will effect you much if you just want to have fun and your riding style is more chill. The Anagram will be better on bigger jumps as it is a little stiffer.

Out of these two boards I personally would go with the Anagram for sure. I think it is better suited to what you said you wanted and it definitely would not be worth it for you to pay the extra money for the kink.

That being said you also might want to look into the k2 Raygun if it is at a similar price as the Anagram because I think it will ride similar to the Anagram but be better at higher speeds.

Again I have not actually ridden any of the boards, what I say is just based off of the specs.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote