Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 K2 Anagram or 2011 Ride Kink
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
SnowboardRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
This is what the good ride had to say about the kink:

Intermediate to Expert Freestyle Jib
Flat Camber Twin Like Directional Shape
The Kink has a solid build that is made to deal with the jib park and not much outside of it. The Kink is pretty soft and playful. This is called low pro rocker but it's more flat camber than rocker. What ever that means it really means that the Kink is pretty stable between Jibs and is fun to play with.

So for some reason their borders that tested it thought it was twin-like directional but yeah, on the sportchek description it says it is a centered true twin.

Even so its still meant as a jib board and the Raygun will be better all mountain/on bigger jumps. And is over 100 dollars cheaper.
Lupin,
Thanks for your help. I think I've definitely been swayed into getting the K2 instead of the Ride now.
But now I don't know if I want the Anagram or the Raygun lol.

Here's some more info on my riding:
The hills I go on around where I'm at aren't big at all so I'm mostly in the Park anyway. I only go to big mountains about once a year for a couple days and then when I'm riding those is the only time I'm usually on the mountain instead of the park. I also really wanna learn switch this year as noted before.

Personally, I don't really like the Rayguns graphics that much and the fact that it is not totally centered kinda deters me as well.
If I don't really plan on going "warp speed" down a mountain; quick but not blisteringly fast, would you say that the Anagram would still be good?
That would definitely help my decision?

Thanks
SnowboardRX is offline   Reply With Quote