Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 K2 Anagram or 2011 Ride Kink
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
jgsqueak

I would take Ride's info over another individual's review. I have their catalog in hand. The Kink's nose and tail width is identical in each size. The side cut radius is symmetrical in each size. The stance is centered in each size. And Prorise is flat all the way past the insert and rockered (the same amount) on the nose and tail. Unfortunately I could not find those specs for you on Ride's website. I will email their Sales Manager to see if they can't get those there for people to read.

I read the review that you copied from; I think that they are just trying to describe the board not using the companies term for their rocker shape. The problem is that "flat camber" doesn't exist. Flat is flat and Camber is camber. You can combine the two shape (three if you want include rocker) but they cannot exist in the same spot on a board. Once you combine and two of the three existing shapes, you get "hybrid" rocker.

If you can get a Raygun for $250, buy it. A Kink should be $350 and if there is a Raygun out there for "over $100 cheaper" it is a steal. And the Raygun rips for a $350 board!
jgsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote