Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Will this board work ok for me?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
VESPADADDY

Default Will this board work ok for me?

Hi All,

I've decided to try snowboarding for the first time. I'm 5-10, 175lbs, 40 years old. My plan is to take a lesson or two at one of the local Minnesota ski hills, and then take a trip to do some mountain freeriding in Colorado in Jan.

Does this board setup look adequate for a beginning boarder? I was able to put this setup together for free, as one friend gave me the boots and bindings (Burton Mission bindings and Moto Boots), and another buddy gave me this Rossignol board.

Given that I don't intend to do any of the half-pipe tricks, and just want to have fun carving down the mountain, does this setup look adequate for a beginner? I've attached a photo of the board, because aside from the brand (Rossignol), I don't know much about the board. I was told it was about 12 years old. It's symmetrical, front to back. I was also told it is plastic all the way through (no wood). It does still have camber when I lay it on a flat floor. The board is 162 cm long, and the graphic looks like a stylized tin man.

If this board will work just fine for a beginner, (I suspect it will), I'll use it to learn some skills, and as a board to ride for general free riding/carving in Colorado. That said, if the wisdom here says that it would NOT be a good board to use, I can always scour CraigsList for a different used board (assuming the bindings are OK).

Thoughts? I'll watch this thread closely, so if I've left out any key info, plz ask and I'll post it up toot sweet.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg board.jpg (113.6 KB, 50 views)
VESPADADDY is offline   Reply With Quote