Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Will this board work ok for me?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
maybeitsjustme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLN View Post
Well...
At first: You cannot "take a lesson or two and then take a trip to do some mountain freeriding". Really. Or you hot to take 10 or more days, or it's not a freeriding. Do you really think you'd get on this soo quickly?

Whis setup is free. So it rides like setup for $0. You can get down, but nothing more. Any $200 board is better. So is the boots. But you can ride it for some time, just to decide if you want to procees wiyh snowboarding or not. And definately: that is not a freeride or carving(even just for fun) board.

Honestly, ride this stuff for 5 days, and if you feel snowboarding is for you, get the normal one board, boots and bindings. Let's be honest, i doubt you can carve in your 1st year. Can't say about freeriding, but i think it's for second year too(definately not for this board).
I think this goes without saying. By "free riding" and "carving" I went ahead and assumed he meant turning, and linking turns.
Ride Society 157 - Ride Beta MVMT - 32 Ultralight
M3 Discord 155.5 - Drake SuperSport - Northwave Decade SL
maybeitsjustme is offline   Reply With Quote