Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Buying a 2011 Bataleon Jam...Binding help
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
PATKOUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado311 View Post
Hey, gettin the 2011 jam, need some help with some bindings, i was going for the EST burton bindings before choosing this board, would those still work on this board or are there any better ones...? i've tried researching this but to no luck, so i'm asking you all! thanks
Burton EST Bindings ONLY work on/with Burton ICS/Channel/2-hole Boards.

Therefore Burton EST Bindings are completely USELESS if you don't have a Burton ICS/Channel Board/2-hole to use them on/with.

Burton EST Bindings are designed/constructed specifically for use on/with Burton ICS/Channel/2-hole Boards and are therefore unique in that respect.

Most snowboards use the industry standard 4-hole binding mounting insert pattern. All Bataleons have 4-hole insert patterns, so you'll need some 4-hole compatible bindings.

Most bindings utilize a (relatively solid) baseplate design with a mounting disc that is 4-hole compatible. Sometimes 4-hole discs are also 3-hole compatible or, if available, the 4-hole discs can be substituted for 3-hole compatible discs.

Burton has plenty of traditional/disc-type bindings that can be used on both 4-hole and 3-hole (and ICS/Channel/2-hole) boards. Burton traditional/disc-type bindings can also be used on Burton ICS/Channel/2-hole Boards with special ICS/Channel/2-hole discs. I think that a few other binding companies just started producing their own special ICS/Channel/2-hole discs this season so that their bindings can be used on/with Burton ICS/Channel/2-hole Boards.

There are plenty of good mid-flexing and mid-stiff bindings for you to choose from.

To name just a few:

Burton Cartels,
Burton P1.1s,
Burton CO2s,
Rome Arsenals,
Rome S90s (a special edition Arsenal/390 Hybrid that is available only at trusnow.com),
Rome 390s,
Rome Boss 390s,
Rome Targas,
Union Forces,
Union Datas,
Union Force DLXs (now called Asadachis),
Union Force SLs,
Union Force MCs,
probably just about any Union Force/Data hybrid,

and the list goes on and on and on...

Last edited by PATKOUG; 12-12-2010 at 01:55 PM.
PATKOUG is offline   Reply With Quote