Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Base theories, pro snowboarders, and too many choices
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 01:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
phile00
Veteran Member

Default Base theories, pro snowboarders, and too many choices

Firstly, It was my impression that the majority of pro snowboarders still ride cambered boards. So which riders at what companies actually use these newly designed bases while in competition? With all these newly applied base theories out on the market, I'd be interested to know what the pros really prefer behind closed doors.

Regarding all of the new bases, each company has their own take on rocker, rocker with camber, camber with rocker at the tip and tail, flat, and any combination in between. When you add different sidecuts and different flex profiles the variables increase. I feel like there are a crippling amount of choices out there and it sucks because demo days are far and few between for most of us, and on top of that there is a huge lack of board reviews out there. And because most board reviewers aren't engineers, the conditions are variable, and the equipment attached to the board is different, I feel like the board reviews start to glom together in one big mass of confusion and cluelessness. And that's not a knock on reviewers, it's just that there's too many variables regarding conditions and technology and the choices are too similar.

The real solution is to be able to demo all boards
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote