Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Blue Mountain, Collingwood ontario, cdn. - out of bounds

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  InfiniteEclipse 
#1 · (Edited)
i noticed that new runs they cut years ago, (and posted signs - OUT OF BOUNDS),on the south end of the resort have gone unused season after season (nothing construction wise happened this summer). I plan on accessing/hiking them this season, has anyone else tried or know any info on them?

blue's trail map

the 6 new runs

See less See more
#4 ·
We decided to park at the top this year, rather than in the cramped parking lots at the bottom like suckers... figured that way soon as we strap we can drop.. you know how long the lift lines tend to get. Don't know if you know the parking lot up top I'm referring too.. but I suspect there might be access to the out of bounds from there...

I'm still waiting for the 10/11 Trail map to be released though.. the one on their site is listed as 09/10 for now

#5 ·
if you go down the green run on the far left, there is a bit of an off shoot into some 'enchanted forest' crap. You can get to one of them from there pretty easily. They aren't anything special but there was some OK powder.

..and I had no idea you could park 'at the top' and I've been going there for a few years. wtf?

#7 ·
the "lot" at the top (if you can call it that), is large enough for maybe 20 cars max., it's close to the beaver tails hut they setup a couple years back. Most the spots are usually gone by 10am on wknds. Regardless, it is nice to park up there and avoid the ciaos at the base area.

#11 ·
ive rode those the past couple of seasons, tons and tons of pow over there..stayed there for 5 days and one of the days we saved the 50$(used it on gas though) and rode that for a few hours, no cops or security came. drove a truck up to the top, 1 person stayed back, rotated through. that hill can get very nasty to drive on though...

#18 ·
Damn InfiniteE, really sorry to hear that, totally sucks, but at least you guys are o.k.
I got back to toronto around 6:30. we skipped HWY 26 and went through wasaga without issues. (i even drove right through the road closed sign exiting blue mtn near that private rental shop, I'm rockin' a brand new F150 4x4 though, so no issues with a bit of snow). We're going to head back up there on Thursday if the wind dies down.

safe travels all!

#20 ·
Yea kinda like this lol

Military called in to help motorists

LONDON, ONT. - The Ontario Provincial Police have called in the military to help pull more than 300 people stranded on Hwy. 402 between London and Sarnia by a severe winter storm.

The military helicopters, brought in from CFB Trenton after Lambton County declared a state of emergency, are standing by for now because visibility is so poor on the highway, they'd have nowhere to land.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.