Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Confused Beginner
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Track11

Default Confused Beginner

I'm a size 10 snowboard boot, 160 lb., and 6'0". I recently purchased a salomon titan 2010 model because it was a good buy, it was my type of board (tapered directional for all mountain riding), its weight capacity was 130-175 lb. and boot size up to 29.5 centimeters.

I did some more research online after making the purchase and found out the board is narrow for size 10. I thought it wasn't because it says on the sticker on the back of the board that it can work with up to a size 11.5 mens boot (29.5 cm), and my boot size would be 28 cm. I don't know why salomon says this board could work with a size 11.5 boot if its narrow even for a size 10. The actual waist width of the board is 247 mm.

So my main worry is, can I make this board work? I know it won't be ideal and that's ok. The board I can't return because it's last years model but I can get any low to mid priced boots/bindings to make it work.

I also have a quick question regarding the boot size. On the sticker it says boot size/pointure (mondopoint) and the corresponding values are 255/295. I know the pointure (mondopoint) is the boot's measurement in cm or in this case mm (295), but what is the boot size exactly (the 255 measurement)? Any suggestions would be great, thank you.
Track11 is offline   Reply With Quote