Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Other Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
bryanT_T

Default Other Suggestions?

I have been renting for the past 2 years and want to get more into it so I'm looking to buy a setup for this year. I consider myself a beginning intermediate, I can go down the intermediate slopes, not quiet the black diamonds yet. However, I am a beginner as a park rider as I want to try some park riding this year.

My big question is, I am looking for a board that can do some park riding and some cruising down the mountain, with a bias towards park riding. I've searched the forums and I would like some feedback on my choices.

First, my stats:
5'5", 140lbs, size 8 boots
My budget is < $800. Would like to save some money if I can find something from last year, but I would like to buy new.

Boots:
These I've pretty much made up my mind, went into the store and tried different brands on and the Burton Motos were the most comfortable.

Board: looking for a 151 or 152 board, maybe a 153
2011 Forum Youngblood Chillydog
2010 Ride Kink - Recommended to me, but is it just me or are all Kink's Wide?
2010 K2 Parkstar - nobody has these in stock
GNU Park Pickle
Lib Tech Skate Banana

Bindings: Going to color match it with board
K2 Hurrithane
K2 Cinch
Forum Faction Aurora Reversealous

I know it's a long post, but I would really appreciate some feedback as I am about to spend some money when I can't even test it firsthand.
bryanT_T is offline   Reply With Quote