Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Other Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Default Other Suggestions?

I have been renting for the past 2 years and want to get more into it so I'm looking to buy a setup for this year. I consider myself a beginning intermediate, I can go down the intermediate slopes, not quiet the black diamonds yet. However, I am a beginner as a park rider as I want to try some park riding this year.

My big question is, I am looking for a board that can do some park riding and some cruising down the mountain, with a bias towards park riding. I've searched the forums and I would like some feedback on my choices.

First, my stats:
5'5", 140lbs, size 8 boots
My budget is < $800. Would like to save some money if I can find something from last year, but I would like to buy new.

These I've pretty much made up my mind, went into the store and tried different brands on and the Burton Motos were the most comfortable.

Board: looking for a 151 or 152 board, maybe a 153
2011 Forum Youngblood Chillydog
2010 Ride Kink - Recommended to me, but is it just me or are all Kink's Wide?
2010 K2 Parkstar - nobody has these in stock
GNU Park Pickle
Lib Tech Skate Banana

Bindings: Going to color match it with board
K2 Hurrithane
K2 Cinch
Forum Faction Aurora Reversealous

I know it's a long post, but I would really appreciate some feedback as I am about to spend some money when I can't even test it firsthand.
bryanT_T is offline   Reply With Quote