Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Rider from Costa Rica for 2010/2011 - Opinions on Tahoe Resorts Appreciated
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jack Herer

Default New Rider from Costa Rica for 2010/2011 - Opinions on Tahoe Resorts Appreciated

I'm 6'00'', 175 lbs. 32 years old. I live in Davis, CA.

Riding a Rossignol RPM Mid-Wide 156cm and Burton Custom Bindings, +21/+6, Boot size 11.

Moved to California last year. I'm a beginner on a budget, looking to buy a season pass.

Trying to find the best cheap decent place to ride. I have some surfing background so I'm hoping picking up snowboarding wont be too hard. That being said, I don't need a super fancy mountain, just some nice groomed greens and blues to practice some basics.

I've snowboarded 3 times in my life, all at different places. Sugar Bowl last season and this season Sierra at Tahoe and Heavenly.

I am looking at a Sunday-Friday pass (no blackouts) to Kirkwood for $329. I've heard good things about Kirkwood. I also like the fact that it is in South Lake Tahoe as I believe I read somewhere in this forum that 50 has less problems than 80 and I don't have 4-wheel drive.

I am also considering an unrestricted pass to Donner Ski Ranch for $299. I've heard from different sources that it's not the nicest mountain but that for a beginner its not too bad.

Will definitely check them out before making a decision, but opinions and suggestion are much appreciated.

I'm trying to read as much as possible about the sport and this forum has been very helpful. Thanks to all who contribute.

I love it. I'm hooked. It's too bad snowboarding is so damn expensive!!!!

Last edited by Jack Herer; 12-14-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Jack Herer is offline   Reply With Quote