Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Blue Mountain, Collingwood ontario, cdn. - out of bounds
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
InfiniteEclipse
Stay Strapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDoctor View Post
awesome so your not the only one that spent some time in a ditch on hwy 26 haha my buddy spun out bad on the 26 right at that S turn before stayner. We spent 45 mins in there waiting for CAA towed us out and we were on the mountain riding by 10:30. Some nice locals stopped to see if we were ok while OPP zoomed right by twice without even stopping which was extremely strange.
lol yea a few people got stuck so i'm sure no one felt too bad about it but you're right, the locals were very kind, and strange the opp didn't stop... 2 tow trucks passed us as well, but the one that came mentioned "priority" and apparently we were as 'high' as we were because the opp called it in

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownSnow View Post
Damn InfiniteE, really sorry to hear that, totally sucks, but at least you guys are o.k.
I got back to toronto around 6:30. we skipped HWY 26 and went through wasaga without issues. (i even drove right through the road closed sign exiting blue mtn near that private rental shop, I'm rockin' a brand new F150 4x4 though, so no issues with a bit of snow). We're going to head back up there on Thursday if the wind dies down.

safe travels all!
no worries, it was good times still haha... yea we saw the sign and waited a while but no one seemed to be going thru so we didn't either, not the best car for the conditions. OPP was saying they should've closed 26 too and didn't know why they hadn't so they basically kept driving up and down checking/warning everyone

Thursday should be great... we were talking to ski patrol and they said they expected great conditions wednesday+ so hopefully we'll head back