Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What to do with my edges...
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
jibbah686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
As of now my new park board is untouched since I bought it as far as tuning/detuning. I've used it 5 times so far and I think I'm in need of a base edge bevel, a full detune to dull them down, or both. I'm not great at the park, so I usually just 50-50 rails and boxes, but the past couple times I've been getting into boardsliding boxes so I feel like I need to get a good detune.

I have a Burton Twin which I heard comes without a base edge bevel, so I'm guessing this will become a problem as I start doing more boardslides. I plan on taking my board to a local shop to have my edges worked on. I live in a dorm so I don't wax or plan on tuning my own edges in my room, since I don't have a work bench or anything to work on. My question is, what should I tell the guy at the shop? Detune and a base edge bevel? And how many degrees would you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance!

since you have a burton your gonna def wanna get your edges beveled out to 2 to 4 degrees. burton is one of the only brands that doesnt bevel their edges factory direct. your gonna notice carving that its gonna not catch as much so its gonna take a little to get used to but its worth it to get into boardslides tailslides nose slides and 270s and spinning on boxes and rails. itll help you so much. so tell them to bevel your edges to 2 degrees to start off with. go like 2 times like that and see how it is then message me back and ill tell you from there. 2 is what most companies do rome does 4 degrees. burton for some reason does 0 to 1 idk why. but most of their boards are 0.