Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

i am 193 can i ride a 156 board?

2K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  blasphemy 
#1 ·
its the only affordable flexy freestyle board in the country its ride kink but its short, 156 , so what will happen when am riding? is it true that ill have no speed and no control and whatsoever.thanks in advance

#2 ·
Depends on the brand. the K2 WWW 152(!) claims it can hold up to 200lbs. Check the stats on various manufactor web sites and see what they say deck stats are.

#4 ·
Weight and boot size are the keys.

Weight: You need a board that will flex properly in relation to your weight.

Boot Size: You don't want your toe/heel to overhang too much.

#8 ·
If your looking to do jibs and butters and the such, the kink is a great deck. If your looking to do larger-feature jumps, consider something a touch stiffer. Really flexable boards have a tendency to wash-out when landing big jumps. This will also be further exaserbated by the fact that you are right on the cusp of the board's weight limit. Also, it won't "shake" at high-speeds, it will just throw you to the ground. ;)

#9 ·
man you made me sad, i read reviews about it that it holds fair to good on high speeds. whatever. i don't know what to buy now. i can't pay more than 350 $. i know that the perfect board for me is burton custom but its for around 600$ or more. i just wish i can try the kink once. my other choice is ride fleetwood but i am sick of heavy boards i really need a Freestyle board.

but man , i don't think it'll throw me on the ground , i mean come on if i don't do something stupid at high speed i won't fall ,and i have been snowboading for 4 years i think i can manage not to fall. i am not a speed maniac although i get really insane speeds on my present board ,now with the kink i'll just need the speed to hit the jumps.

#10 ·
Housemate has a Custom, and let me tell you, that is NOT a jib/park deck AT ALL. I wouldn't take that thing NEAR the park.

As for the reviews, the meant that it holds fair for a FREESTYLE deck, not compared to something like a Custom. Really soft boards become unstable at speed. It's just a fact of what they are. Also, like I said before, the kink is a jib/butter deck. Even the Ride web site says it is "designed with the rail kid in mind." If you want to hit big jumps, or do some all-mountain riding, something a little stiffer might be helpful. The Kink is DESIGNED to be a RAIL deck, nothing else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.