Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW: 2011 Flux TT30 bindings
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 02:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Triple8Sol
Veteran Member

Default REVIEW: 2011 Flux TT30 bindings

Backstory:
I've been interested in the Japanese brand Flux for a few years now. Last season I finally got a set of the Flux Super Titan and liked them so much I later added a set of the Flux Feedback. The latter quickly became my new favorite binding, over my previous fav, the Rome Targa. I reviewed both of those last year already (you can find those threads on here) so I'll just say they completely sold me on Flux as a brand, their tech, the durability/quality, etc... So I decided to go all Flux this year, adding a set of the TT30 and the DMCC (Super Diamond) for pow, which I'll review when I get around to using them.

The Goods:
I also picked up the renamed TT30's, which used to be called the Titan. This has been the most popular binding in Flux's lineup, and for good reason, as it's been tweaked and refined over the years resulting in a really dialed binding. It felt like an old friend since it's very similar to the Super Titans I had, just with less glass in the base and a 1cm shorter highback so that the TT30 is a little more forgiving and playful for a great all around binding for a very wide variety of riding styles, snow conditions, and board choices. Flux redesigned the toe straps on most of their lineup this year, to be a bit smaller so you can also use them as an over the top strap. The toestrap on the TT30 looks the same as the previous ones, like on my Feedback/ST, which I really loved. I only wear it as a toecap anyways.

It's offered in matte black, white/purple, and green. I'm not normally into brightly colored gear, but since all my other bindings are black, I couldn't resist getting the ninja turtle green ones. They look sick in person and really pop, and match my board well since that's the most important thing right? The functional adjustment covers keep snow out while also creating a smooth, streamlined look. As with all Flux bindings, all adjustments are tool-less so you can tweak them anytime/anywhere. It came with extra replacement ankle and toe ladder straps. I would say this binding is very comparable to other popular ones like the Union Force, Rome 390, Ride Delta, K2 Formula.

Setup:
I've had them out a few days this season on 2 different boards. It can be run on a park board like I did with my 2011 Bataleon Evil Twin or for all mountain like I did with my 2010 Nitro Team Gullwing. I sourced a set of baseplate covers like they have on the SF45/DS45/DMCC, which gives the footbed an even flat surface. Probably not a big deal, but I don't really like the ones that come stock on the SR15/TT30/RK30 which have exposed bolt holes and just 3 strips of rubber on top.

The Ride:
When I had them on my Nitro TG, which is a mid-soft directional twin, I rode them at Crystal. It was early season conditions so I definitely had to navigate all kinds of snow conditions from ice to crud and slush. Also had to make alot of quick cuts to avoid exposed branches and rocks. These bindings were surprisingly responsive! I expected them to be sluggish and lacking support like Rome 390's, but that wasn't the case at all. They matched up really well with the Nitro and even first day out, gave me 0 problems. They moved well and let me wheelie much higher than I could with my Flux Feedbacks on the same board. I also took them out on my Bataleon ET another day, a mid-flex true twin, at Summit West. With the short runs there and shitty conditions, it was just a day to mess around, doing some buttering and switch riding. I did take it into some wet/heavy deep spots, at which point I did wish they were a bit stiffer, but it's not really a complaint since it's not really intended for freeriding. I prefer a stiffer binding/board for freeriding, but it could still work for someone smaller/lighter.

The TT30's fit great with the Burton Imperial boots I'm rocking this year. As I've come to expect with Flux bindings, they're super comfortable, and you never feel pressure points from the straps or highbacks. As with my previous Flux bindings, the ratchets are buttery smooth and didn't catch. The more I ride any of my Flux bindings, the more I love them. My great experiences with the bindings and their customer service makes gives me 100% confidence when I recommend them to you guys. At only $199 retail, the TT30 is a super solid choice, very versatile, and should be in everyone's short list of bindings to consider.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 12-15-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote