Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is my 159cm snowboard too long for my shorter height and heavier weight? Help!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
tinderbox

Default Is my 159cm snowboard too long for my shorter height and heavier weight? Help!

I won a Sierra board a few months back and used a height/weight calculator to see what size board I should buy. It came up with the 159. I can't find the original calculator but the one I just used ( Snowboard Sizing Guide, Size Calculator ) says I should ride a 155-157. I'm about to buy binding and boots so I'm wondering if I should stick with this board.

My height is 5' 2" and weight is 240. I've snowboarded before, but I've always rented. I started off skiing and have skied 4 seasons and boarded 1 but haven't done either in about four years.

The Product page for the Sierra board said the 159 is for "130-180 lbs." but as I am shorter than the average person I decided to go with that one. I can't find any stats for heavier riders around my height.
This is my board:
Sierra Reverse Crew Snowboard Reviews & Sale | trusnow.com

Edit: My shoe size is women's 7.5-8. Also, I realize I'm "heavy" but I assure you I'm not dead or a troll and that I am relatively healthy, I have a thyroid problem and I eat healthy/exercise/see my doctor regularly.

Last edited by tinderbox; 12-16-2010 at 01:36 AM. Reason: missing shoe size
tinderbox is offline   Reply With Quote