Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - i am 193 can i ride a 156 board?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
sedition
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemy View Post
man you made me sad, i read reviews about it that it holds fair to good on high speeds. whatever. i don't know what to buy now. i can't pay more than 350 $. i know that the perfect board for me is burton custom but its for around 600$ or more. i just wish i can try the kink once. my other choice is ride fleetwood but i am sick of heavy boards i really need a Freestyle board.

but man , i don't think it'll throw me on the ground , i mean come on if i don't do something stupid at high speed i won't fall ,and i have been snowboading for 4 years i think i can manage not to fall. i am not a speed maniac although i get really insane speeds on my present board ,now with the kink i'll just need the speed to hit the jumps.
Housemate has a Custom, and let me tell you, that is NOT a jib/park deck AT ALL. I wouldn't take that thing NEAR the park.

As for the reviews, the meant that it holds fair for a FREESTYLE deck, not compared to something like a Custom. Really soft boards become unstable at speed. It's just a fact of what they are. Also, like I said before, the kink is a jib/butter deck. Even the Ride web site says it is "designed with the rail kid in mind." If you want to hit big jumps, or do some all-mountain riding, something a little stiffer might be helpful. The Kink is DESIGNED to be a RAIL deck, nothing else.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote