Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - first time... what to expect?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
evilfeline007

Unhappy first time... what to expect?

Hi everybody!!

so my love of snow and mountains is motivating me to try snowboarding. always have been the world's worst skier (always ended up with crossed skis and face-plants... never got off the greens and even some of those were terrifying). Yes, i realise i will fall often and probably crap my pants multiple times but I'm pretty determined to give this sport a fair shot. I'm an avid horseback rider so balance, strength and awareness of my body are hopefully skills that will help me along.

So my question is: What can I expect from myself skills wise? I'm taking a package that includes ticket and rentals for 4 trips and a 2 hour group lesson (with max 5 people) the first three trips.

So 4 days and 6 hours of lessons should get me in the ball park of what abilities/level of runs? Will I finally get off the greens?

I'm planning on wearing knee pads, helmet, wrist guard, butt pad, etc so I can just give it my all out there (i'm naturally a chicken... but i push myself)

Any other words of wisdom?
evilfeline007 is offline   Reply With Quote