Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Need help picking out a board...

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Nixon 
#1 ·
Hey im looking for a board that can preform nice in powder and park. Ive snowboarded for a couple of years and im looking to progress so i need a nice board.

It's important for me that the board is a "twin" board. I'm quite tall (1.9m) so i should probably go for a 158 board? And with my height i have about size 12 boots (46) so should i choose a wide board?

I appriciate all advice;) Thanks

#2 ·
most everyone here is gonna say neversummer, lib tech or gnu

...but I'm gonna say bataleon riot - it's a true twin and comes in a 159 cm. If you don't like the 2011 graphics, specs haven't changed in the past few seasons.

Bataleons have a little wider waist widths on their standard boards than most. I wear about 11 size boots on my 155 cm riot.

#18 ·
bataleon riot - it's a true twin and comes in a 159 cm. If you don't like the 2011 graphics, specs haven't changed in the past few seasons.

Bataleons have a little wider waist widths on their standard boards than most. I wear about 11 size boots on my 155 cm riot.
I think this would be a solid choice for you. Its a lil wider so it wil help in POW, its a true twin and has a nice flex for all mtn and park.

SL is twinish, not a true twin.

#3 ·
Well the thing is.. with pow you're gonna wanna run big and with the park you're gonna run smaller. You're gonna definitely want to go with a wide board in most cases. At 1.8m I'd think you are gonna have to go with at least a 160 but it really depends on how much you weigh

#13 ·
thanks for pointing that out Joe. I did make the correction to identify that the gear guide is in our buying tips section. I also got rid of the second link. When you paste in a link, your copy get's hijacked and autofilled, so I just deleted it.

Regarding the site, I agree it is not nearly where we want it as far as the quantity of listings, but we have only been live a few weeks and already have over 1300 listings (total for SNOW-SKATE-SURF-WAKE-KITE-SUP). We tried hard to deliver a site that we would want to use ourselves. What is it about the site that makes it "crappy" for you? I would really appreciate the feedback.

Thank you, Brad

#14 ·
What is it about the site that makes it "crappy" for you? I would really appreciate the feedback.
The interface. You have an elaborate series of circa-1995 drop-down menus to greet the user, making it hard to figure out exactly what's on the site. My first three searches returned 0 hits each. Leaving all the criteria empty eventually revealed that you have a total of 50 snowboards available on the site (I'm not interested in the other sports). I agree that everyone has to start somewhere, but it's pointless to provide such an array of filters with such a tiny inventory. You don't need search fields unless the user has to navigate through hundreds or thousands of choices.

And why is the ZIP code field preloaded with 49464?

#15 ·
Thanks for taking the time to give the feedback Joe. I totally agree that the depth of search criteria is pointless with only 50 snowboards. The big idea is to keep working hard to make this the place to find and sell used snowboards, and we dream of having thousands of boards on the site, at which point the ability to drill down with the search criteria will be helpful.

Regarding the other boardsports, we do every single one of those, some better than others. We just though if it has a tip & tail and a toeside & heelside, it's all good and attracts a certain group of people.

The zipcode should be loading the zipcode that your internet connection originates, not what you saw so I will check into that.

Thanks again.

#17 ·
Joe, I just wanted to thank you again for the feedback, and update you on the site, we fixed what you did not like, and got rid of all the search parameters no one is using. The main things people are using to search by are Brand, Size, and how far away they are willing to go to make the purchase. Right now, we have over 7,000 boards in the database, and over 1,500 of those are used, for sale by individuals. If you are looking, please check it out...if you have something lying around and you are willing to sell it, please list it. Listing it is free and the transaction is between you and whoever gets a hold of you. Used Snowboards | Buy & Sell Snowboards | United Boardsports

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.