Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Lib Tech Skate Banana & 2011 Union Forces
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
seanboobs

Default 2011 Lib Tech Skate Banana & 2011 Union Forces

Hey guys, here to brag about my sweet new setup.
NOTE: This board has NOT seen snow at all.

Today I got my bindings attached, i'll get more into them later on. And just to get a quick over view of the pop and flex of the Banana, I strapped in and screwed around in my living room. My first impression was blown away. Either I haven't ridden many good boards, or this was hand crafted by God himself! I lean back and put about half pressure on my back foot, barely even trying to press. The nose raised about 6 inches, incredible flex! It is also stiff when necessary, it was amazing for the press, yet stiff all around. Just playing around (not 100% trying) I was busting out 2 and 1/2 foot nollies and ollies! That is an all time high for me. Normally I could just jump around 2 feet but never ollie or nollie, it is truly incredible. If you guys have any questions about the pop/flex feel free to fire away, but again I have not seen snow on this board. Yet

For the Union Forces, my brief experience was great. They are SUPER padded, and still incredibly light! The 2011's have no padding on the toe strap, which made me skeptical. But the loss of padding is no loss of grip or support. There is a super grippy material on top of the strap, giving it great hold over your toe with the added benefit of being lighter. The ratchets are incredible, 5/6 grooves with one click. You can strap in within 15 seconds, so much less time consuming. They also have a lifetime warranty on base plates, which I personally find great. The only thing slightly wrong with them is the toe strap ratchet is tricky to get off, but that in no way affects the overall performance of these bindings. Once more, any questions feel free. But these have NOT seen snow either.

If all goes well with work I should see the local resort by the end of this week, if not the beggining of the last week of December. When I see snow, i'll do my best to hop on here and fully review them. Till then, happy ripping to your all.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. I stuck with my old *21 in the front, *-12 in the back

Last edited by seanboobs; 12-20-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Left something out
seanboobs is offline   Reply With Quote