Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - buying camber
Thread: buying camber
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
outlyr

Default buying camber

First post here. I am a beginner snowboarder with a fair amount of experience as a skier. I grew up skating and took to cambered rental boards very well. In the offseason I picked up a leftover Burton Custom V rocker (156cm)ICS and paired it with Mala Vita's. I waited all summer to bomb the hills with my new stick, went last week for the first time and got my ass handed to me. After shifting the bindings around three times I finally felt relatively comfortable on the thing. I finished the day strong and am confident that I will progress from a dreadful opening day. While there are things that I really like about rocker, such as not catching edges when transitioning from heelside to toeside and vice versa and spinning easily in turns, I must say that I don't feel as controlled at high speed as I do with soft cambered rental boards. So I have decided to add a stick to my quiver, much sooner than expected. I am a 6-1, 180 lbs, novice, goofy footed and I am looking for a cambered board with good pop for large ollies, park features and just a good all around board for the Poconos, occasional trips to Vermont and lots of Jersey corduroy. I'm considering a 159 Ride DH, 160 Rome Graft, 163 Supermodel and the longshot is a 159 Capita Travis Parker Texas snowboard. Please let me know of any other boards that I should check out and also bindings that I might want to pair with the above.
outlyr is offline   Reply With Quote