Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Are snowboard/binding rentals readily available at ski resorts?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gregc4 
#1 ·
Are snowboard/binding rentals readily available at ski resorts?

I'm going to Aspen and I've never been snowboarding before.

I wouldn't mind renting a snowboard for the weekend so I can try one out to see how well I like it. I can use my experience with the snowboard rental to help decide what features I want in the snowboard that I purchase.

So is it pretty easy to rent a snowboard for the weekend in Aspen (or any large ski resort)?

How much does this usually cost?

#2 ·
Yeah, you can rent snowboards there. I assume you're a skier or have you just never done any snowsports?

Either way, if you're going to try to make a determination on it over the course of a weekend, at least do yourself a favor and get a lesson. Expect to flail around mightily. Expecting anything else will be setting yourself up for disappointment. When are you going? This weekend? If so, I suggest sticking to skiing if you're already a skier. There's just too much new snow not to take advantage and enjoy it to the fullest.

#6 ·
On the other hand... learning how to snowboard in moderate powder will be more forgiving than sliding (and falling) down in lesser snow

#4 ·
Pretty much any ski area will have a good amount but if your looking for features to buy I would highly advise you to look into demos if your mountain has them so you can get a feel for a higher quality setup than you would get with a rental.

#5 ·
What is the difference between a demo and a rental?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.