Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hitting Whistler soon and...
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Puggy

Default Hitting Whistler soon and...

So I'm leaving to fly out to whistler in 3 days, so I've spent the as much time as I can with my girlfriend this week teaching her now to snowboard... I've managed to get 3 hours in on Sunday, and another 5 hours in today... I've got her linking turns pretty confidently now so I'm not really worried about Whistler with her; plus she'll also be taking a couple lessons there too... I was just curious though since I haven't taught lessons in quite some time now, is getting a student to link heel to toe edges and stopping on both edges a good point to be at for the amount of practice time she's had? I know it's kinda a tard question but I though maybe some of you instructors out there could share some insight.

Also on a side note... while I was teaching my gf how to ride I was trying to watch some of the actually "snow school" instructors teach, and IMO they suck... I don't know if it is just here but back when I was instructing here I could move kids from the beginner slopes to the larger hills in less than a day. But now... I've never seen such an unorganized group of people.

Lastly, can't wait to take my GoPro out on the slopes finally!
Puggy is offline   Reply With Quote